Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sierra Quilt Guild of Tuolumne County

On Monday, November 14, I had a great time in the Sierra foothills at the Sierra Quilt Guild of Tuolumne County in Sonora.  It was a beautiful autumn day and I got out before the first snow of the year a few days later!  We had a great workshop and I wanted to share the photos of the blocks made in the class.  As usual a great variety of fabrics were used and besides the two block patterns I offer for the workshop, one person used another pattern from the book with Civil War reproduction fabrics. The lecture in the evening introduced the historic tile quilts and I was rewarded with a copy of the Guild's cookbook.  I'm anxious to try some of the recipes!  

These blocks will be great when stitched and the "grout" (background fabric) is revealed between the "tiles".










No comments: