Friday, May 17, 2013

Fabulous Finished Tile Quilt






I always tell my students to send me pictures but that doesn't happen very often.  And I understand that there are many reasons why that is so.  Therefore, I was really pleased this week when I received the photo of this quilt from Margaret Christensen.

Margaret took the workshop on a very hot day last June at Mt. Tam Quilt Guild in San Rafael.  Here's what Margaret said about her quilt. 

" My plan was to make four blocks, but it became too much fun to stop!  This is by far the brightest, loudest wall hanging I've ever done.  Tonight I plan to share it at our Guild show-n-tell. Didn't even take a year. = ; ^ ).  Thanks for a great class. Want to revisit your book for the other projects."

That last part makes me happy.  I'm so glad that Margaret loved making a tile quilt.  And when I look at her quilt, I can see that she used some of the patterns from the book, but she also redesigned some of the blocks and designed her own!  Just what I want students to do -- make these quilts your own!

Margaret wanted me to be sure to say that Valerie Graf of Black Point Quilts, Novato, machine quilted her quilt.

Great work, Margaret!  Thanks for sending the picture.  I hope it will inspire others.





  
 
 

No comments: